The Haunting of Toby

I have gained an hour's sleep only to lose countless more to these hauntings.

Name:
Location: Northeast, United States

I live in a haunted house with one dog, one man, and many, many, restless souls. I am wandering through the halls of academia trying to figure out what to do with the degree I have and what one I want to work towards next. Mostly I just like the wandering.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Wow is it really Monday again?

It has been a busy week, and yet I feel as though I haven't done anything. So to get back on blogging tract. It's Monday again and a lot can be deciphered from what is still sitting in my CD player.

1.) David Bowie and related to that, as "Rebel, Rebel" always makes me think of
2.) Marilyn Manson, and "Rebel, Rebel, Bitch, Bitch" (I'm not sure that is the actual name of the song, but you get the idea.)
3&4) Ani Difranco- Living in Clip ~ This is a staple when I am writing, or cleaning, or drinking at home with friends, and probably a whole bunch of other things, most of which I have been doing for the last week.
5.) The Pixies- 'cause who doesn't love The Pixies?

I have been imagining myself as rebellious while working on a paper this week, and I have been bitchy about housework lately. Somewhere in the past month, what seemed to be a pretty equal division of household crap work has shifted. It would be a lot simpler if it were possible to have a standing agreement that was consistently followed. That just does not seem to be how things happen, at least not around here. There is the need from time to time to revisit how "chores" are divided and making sure agreed upon divisions are honored always falls to me. I am sure that a lot of this has to do with a subconscious attitude towards women, but also my own attitude towards housework. If it needs to be done, I do it. I have tried the waiting game and no one ever wins at that. I'm going to think about this some more and write a more thorough post at some point this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home